This guide shows you how and why you would want to set up a free Amazon Prime account so you can try Amazon Family. As a busy mom, an Amazon Family free trial will save you time and help simplify your busy life.
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. That means if you make a purchase using a link provided I may earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! You can read my full disclaimer here.
It finally happened.
I was so busy getting things done I forgot to order diapers.
It was bedtime and the middle of winter.
Luckily, we had a few diapers left in her diaper bag to get us through the night.
Being a type-A personality mom, I get stressed when situations like these arise because I’m usually always a step ahead.
I had to figure out a way to not run out of household essentials every month without setting constant reminders.
That’s when I found out Amazon Family was included in our Amazon Prime membership.
So if you’re ready to stop monitoring every diaper to avoid midnight diaper runs, keep on reading.
What is Amazon Family?
Amazon Family is a way you can save up to 15% on items like diapers, baby food, and other family essentials.
These items are automatically delivered to your front door.
If you’re a prime member you can save up to 20% on these items plus all of the other benefits that come with Amazon Prime.
If you’re an expecting mom you also get great perks when creating your Amazon baby registry which we’ll talk about more in-depth later.
Amazon mom vs Amazon Family
When Amazon first began this program it was called Amazon mom. Since family dynamics are always changing, Amazon needed a name that was more inclusive to different types of families.
They changed the name from Amazon mom to Amazon Family. It’s still the same program but with a lot more bells and whistles.
Do you need amazon prime to join Amazon Family?
You don’t need Amazon Prime to join Amazon Family. But when you sign up for Amazon Family you’ll get a 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime.
The real reasons why you should join Amazon Family
An Amazon Family membership comes with plenty of perks besides having family essentials automatically delivered each month. Some of these perks include:
1. Save money
When you subscribe to have something automatically delivered you save up to 15%. Amazon Prime members save up to 20% which you can take advantage of during your 30-day free trial.
2. Free 30-day trial of Amazon Prime
One of the reasons I started this blog was to make enough money to support my online shopping habit.
It was clear that with the number of packages being delivered to our doorstep, we’d be bankrupt in approximately 3.7 years.
A few of the many Amazon Prime benefits include:
- Free one-day, same-day, or 2-day delivery
- Free 2-hour grocery delivery (in some cities)
- Exclusive savings at Whole Foods Market
- Free release-date delivery so you’ll be among the first to get new video games, books, music, movies, and more.
- Prime wardrobe so you can try on clothes, shoes, jewelry, and accessories from the comfort of your home. (You only pay for what you keep.)
- Amazon photos: Get unlimited photo storage, custom print options, and the ability to share all of those adorable baby pictures with friends and family.
- Prime video so you can stream thousands of movies and TV shows, including exclusive Amazon Originals.
- Prime music so you can stream more than 2 million songs, plus thousands of playlists and stations.
3. Amazon Household
Amazon household lets you share your prime benefits with your family members. My husband and I have our Prime membership synced so we can access our benefits no matter who’s Amazon account we’re logged into.
What is Amazon Household?
With Amazon Household, both adults share select Prime benefits and you can manage the profiles of teens and children in the Amazon Household.
The following members can be included in your Amazon Household:
- Up to two adults (aged 18 and over), each with their own Amazon account.
- Up to four teens (ages 13 through 17). Teens can have their own Amazon login so they can shop or stream content (under your parental settings).
- Up to four children under the age of 13 (they can’t shop on Amazon without adult supervision).
4 amazing benefits of joining Amazon Family
When you sign up for your Amazon Family account you’ll get access to:
1. Fast free shipping
Take advantage of 2-day shipping, 1-day shipping, and same-day shipping depending on what items you’ve selected.
2. Email notifications
The Amazon Family email newsletter provides tips from parenting experts, product recommendations, and exclusive deals and discounts.
3. Subscribe and save
This is what I use to have diapers delivered monthly and wipes delivered every other month.
You’ll receive a 15% discount on the subscription unless you’re a Prime member then you’ll save up to 20% off diapers, wipes, baby food, and more.
All you do is select the quantity of the item of choice and how often you want the item delivered.
4. Free baby registry welcome box
Creating an Amazon baby registry has so many perks for you and baby. You’ll get:
- Sample size products for both parents-to-be and baby valued up to $35.
- A 10% completion discount for items left on your baby registry or a 15% completion discount for prime members.
- Universal registry so you can add any item from any site to your Amazon baby registry.
- Free returns for up to 365 days on most items purchased from your Amazon baby registry.
- Group gifting so multiple people can contribute towards more expensive gifts.
- Share your prime benefits with family
As you can see, taking advantage of Amazon Prime really maximizes the benefits of Amazon Family.
How to join Amazon Family
Getting started with Amazon Family is a simple step-by-step process that Amazon walks you through. Here’s what you can expect:
- Log into your Amazon account and go to Amazon Prime free trial.
- Start your 30-Day free trial.
- Provide the required information and you’re ready to start your free trial!
Now that you’re signed up for your free trial of Amazon Prime, you’re ready to join Amazon Family.
Head on over to the Amazon family page and start adding members to your Amazon family account.
How to create your Amazon Household account
Amazon household is how you share your prime benefits with other household members like your spouse or teenager.
Here’s how to get started:
- Log into your Amazon account.
- Go to Amazon Household.
- Create your Amazon Household:
- To add another adult, select Add Adult. You can either invite them via email or sign up together to verify your accounts.
- To add a teenager, select Add a Teen. This will send them an invitation via email. They must accept your invite to set up their login.
- To add a child, select Add a Child.
Easy peasy, right?
From here you can determine what content you want to share with your household.
Is Amazon Family worth it?
I wouldn’t use Amazon Family without having Amazon Prime. All of the additional prime member benefits justify the monthly cost.
For me to automatically have family essentials delivered right to the door so I don’t have to deal with a toddler tantrum in the middle of the store makes it worth it.
Go ahead and grab your free 30-day trial of Amazon Family!